Located in the historical center of São Paulo, the largest city in Brazil, the Viaduto do Chá (or Tea Viaduct) is a famous construction that connects the streets Barão de Itapetininga, formerly rua do Chá, and rua Direita. Inaugurated in 1892, the original viaduct was a metallic structure with wooden decking. Over time, this structure deteriorated due to wear and tear, eventually requiring modernization. In 1938, the old construction was demolished, giving way to the current 204-meter long viaduct made from reinforced concrete produced by Votorantim Cimentos.
Viaduto do Chá